1 Current OpportunityJob Opportunities Competition # 0119-29 BATC Personal Development Manager (1) Temporary Full-time
THE POSITION As part of the BATC Employment & Training team, and under the direct supervision of the Director of Employment & Training, the Personal Development Manager will supervise and implement case management strategies for clients, who are ready for training and employment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
a) Understand the vision, mission and objectives of BATC Employment & Training. Our purpose is to decrease dependency, with strong community presence, delivering client based programs or services.
b) Deliver and promote the ONE STOP MODEL: ASSESS, TRAIN & EMPLOY, to clients, communities, Leadership, staff and partnerships. Will attend meetings and host in services to communicate model
c) Establish program policies/ procedures and work plans/proposals for Pre Employment Supports (AANDC) and implement. Understand AANDC policies & agreements.
d) Monitor budgets for programs, services and activities for Pre Employment Supports. Review reports monthly: measurable outcomes & agreement are being met.
e) Secure services/programs for Job Readiness or increasing employability: such as Drivers, Safety Tickets, ABE, GED, Tutor, Wellness/Life Skills, Shuttle, Support to Stable Employment and etc.
a. Communicate needs to Director: i. Year Plan 1. Training, cost, location, outcome=placement or higher learning.
b. Develop Partnerships
i. Training: local resource or in house 1. Work closely with Program manager to ensure best fit: cost and relevant.
ii. Employment: local or regional 1. Work closely with Placement Manager and Liaison to ensure best fit.
i. Personal Development Coaches 1. Placement Mentor
ii. Shuttle Drivers
iii. Team leaders or designate 1. Youth Empowerment Program
b. Orientation & ongoing scheduled Staff meetings
c. Policies and procedures, amend
d. Deadline dates for reports.
g) Develop policies and procedures for delivering:
✓ Case Management: client flow and services
✓ Client Supports: services agreements and program calendars
✓ Service Infrastructure: program development, maintenance and training
h) Seek other funding options and/or proposals that can enhance client or community success
i) Ability to develop salary grids, job descriptions and supervise contractors and staff.
Other duties as directed by Director of Employment & Training
The Manager will develop positive working relationships with the Director of Social Development, Income Assistance Administrators, Placement Manager, Support Services Coordinator (FVPP), Life Coaches, Employment & Training, Industry Relations, Urban SITAG, and BATC Staff; and, build and link to outside services for client success.
• Certificate in Social Work or Education, with 5 years experience in management • Extensive experience in Case Management, Life skills instruction, Career Counsellor
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of ONE STOP CONCEPT: DECREASE DEPENDENY, THRU ASSESS, TRAIN AND EMPLOY
• Knowledge of BATC & BATC Employment & Training policies, structures, procedures, services, goal and objectives (Strategic Plan)
• ability to handle high stress tasks, client assessment, family information, barriers,
• ability to handle many projects simultaneously, prioritizing task and completing on schedule
• Experience in case management, Partnerships engagement/creation, and supervision/delivery of programs.
• Knowledge of computer systems: dbase, excel, word, publisher, power point
• Ability to analyze and interpret findings, and concisely summarize
• Good communication skills: oral, verbal and written
• This position will be a term employment contract (ending March 31, 2021)
• The position will be subject to an initial six (6) month probationary period and annual performance evaluation.
• Extensive travel and report to BATC main office on a weekly basis.
Closing date: May 21, 2019 - Please quote Competition # 0119-29
Please submit resume, cover letter and CPIC to:
Human Resources Phone: 306-446-1400 Battleford Agency Tribal Chiefs Fax: 306-446-1308 1011 103rd Street
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org North Battleford, Saskatchewan S9A 1K3
Please check back for career opportunities.